Maude Howe, 1908
Please note that items in bold are described in the Library's online catalog and you will need to review the catalog to obtain the call number of each item. Other items are described in guides in Special Collections and Archives.
I. Manuscript and Archival
II. Books and Published
IV. Reference and Other Materials
V. Online Resources at Furman
VI. Web Sites
- John L. Plyler, Jr. Postcard Collection: mid-twentieth century postcards from Spain.
- Robert Tucker Collection: slides, postcards, and a handwritten travelogue from Robert Tucker's travels through Spain in 1979.
- Robert Tucker Coin Collection: Pesetas dating from 1957-1975.
- A year in Spain, by a young American, Alexander Slidell Mackenzie, 1831
- Spain revisited, A. Slidell Mackenzie, 1836
- The Zincali; or, An account of the Gypsies of Spain. With an original collection of their songs and poetry, George Borrow, 1843
- The Spaniards and their country, Richard Ford, 1855
- The lands of the Saracens, or, Pictures of Palestine, Asia Minor, Sicily and Spain, Bayard Taylor, 1855
- The attaché in Madrid : or, Sketches of the court of Isabella II, Madame Calderón de la Barca (Frances Erskine Inglis), 1856
- Wanderings in Spain, Augustus J.C. Hare, 1873
- The lands of the Saracens, or Pictures of Palestine, Asia Minor, Sicily and Spain, Bayard Taylor, 1883
- Rambles in sunny Spain, Fred A. Ober, 1889
- Spanish papers, Washington Irving, 1895
- Castilian days, John Hay; with illustrations by Joseph Pennell, 1903
- Sun and shadow in Spain, Maud Howe Elliot, 1908
- Four months afoot in Spain, Harry A. Franck, 1911
- The soul of Spain, Havelock Ellis, 1926
- Spanish raggle-taggle; adventures with a fiddle in north Spain, Walter Starkie, frontispiece and title-page design by Arthur Rackham, 1935
- Spring in Spain, MacKinley Helm, 1952, General Collection
- Exploring the Jewish heritage in Spain, Samuel and Tamar Grand, 1979
- "Forward into the Past: 'Digging' the Balearic Islands," Jacqueline Waldren, 2009. In Great Expectations: Imagination and Anticipation in Tourism, edited by Jonathan Skinner and Dimitros Theodossopoulos, 2011.
- Robert Tucker Coin Collection: four (4) 5-peseta coins, 1957 and 1975; six (6) 1-peseta coins, 1966 and 1975.
- Las cosas de España, Richard Ford (1796-1858); traducción de Enrique de Mesa; prólogo de Gerald Brenan, 1988, General Collection
- Between history and romance: travel writing on Spain in the early nineteenth-century United States, Pere Gifra-Adroher, 2000, General Collection
- Italy: with sketches of Spain and Portugal, William Beckford, 1834, Microform
- Paisajes del alma, Miguel de Unamuno (1864-1936), 1997, General Collection
- Andalusia, sketches and impressions, W. Somerset Maugham, 1920, General Collection
- The Bible in Spain: or, The journeys, adventures and imprisonments of an Englishman in an attempt to circulate The Scriptures in the peninsula, George Borrow; with the notes and glossary of Ulick Ralph Burke, 1930, General Collection
- South to Cadiz, H.M. Tomlinson, 1934, General Collection
- The dangerous summer, Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961); introduction, James A. Michener, 1985, General Collection
- Spain, Sacheverell Sitwell, 1950, General Collection
- La España del Sur: Illustrada con cien heliograbados, Jean Sermet, 1956, General Collection
- Portrait of Spain; British and American accounts of Spain in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, Thomas F. McGann, 1963, General Collection
- De Roncesvalles a Compostela, José Antonio Vizcaíno, 1965, General Collection
- España clara, Azorín, Foto: Nicolás Muller, 1966, General Collection
- Iberia; Spanish travels and reflections, James A. Michener, Photos by Robert Vavra, 1968, General Collection
- Old Spain and new Spain : the travel narratives of Camilo José Cela, David Henn, 2004, General Collection
- Spain, Graham J. Shields, 1985, Reference Collection
- Historical dictionary of modern Spain, 1700-1988, Robert W. Kern, editor-in-chief, Meredith D. Dodge, associate editor, 1990, Reference Collection
- Enciclopedia hispánica, Encyclopedia Brittanica Publishers, 1991-1992, Reference Collection
- Historical dictionary of the Spanish Empire, 1402-1975, James S. Olson, editor-in-chief; Sam L. Slick, senior editor; Samuel Freeman [et al.], associate editors, 1992, Reference Collection
- Encyclopedia of contemporary Spanish culture, edited by Eamonn Rodgers, honorary assistant editor, Valerie Rodgers, 1999, Reference Collection
- Medieval Iberia: an encyclopedia, E. Michael Gerli, editor; associate editors, Samuel G. Armistead [et al.], 2003, Reference Collection
- Spain, Candy Lee LaBalle, 2007, Reference Collection
- Europa World Plus, Online resource
- ACLS Humanities Ebook, Online resource
- World History in Context, Online resource
- Oxford Scholarship Online, Online resource
- Cambridge Histories Online, Online resource
- International Medieval Bibliography, Online resource
- Early English Books Online (EEBO), Online resource
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online, Online resource
- British Periodicals, Online resource
- Encyclopedia of Religion, Online resource
- The Catholic Encyclopedia, Online resource
- Encyclopaedia Judaica, Online resource
- Encyclopedia of Islam, Online resource
- Oxford Islamic Studies, Online resource
- Gender Studies Database, Online resource
- Women's Studies International, Online resource
- Travels Through Spain, LUNA collection of photos from the travels of Dr. Linda Bartlett, Furman Spanish professor.
- The Travels of Robert Tucker, LUNA collection of photos from the travels of Dr. Robert Tucker, former Furman Libraries director. Locations pictured include Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia, Seville, and Toledo.
- Archivo Histórico Nacional, Spanish National Historical Archives (site in Spanish language only).
- Hispanic Society of America, website for the Hispanic Society of America's museum and library.
- Spanish Civil War Memory Project, the University of California, San Diego's oral history project on the Spanish Civil War.
- Instituto Cervantes, Chicago-based library of Spanish culture (site in Spanish language only).
- The British Library, homepage for the British Library's Hispanic Collections.
- University of Nevada, Reno, the University of Nevada, Reno's Basque Library, part of the university's Basque Studies program.