Please note that items in bold are described in the Library's online catalog and you will need to review the catalog to obtain the call number of each item. All other items are described in guides in Special Collections and Archives.
- South Carolina Genealogical Society - Greenville Chapter newsletters
- Index to South Caroliniana - Primary Documents Collection
- Index to South Caroliniana - Secondary Documents Collection
- The Writers of South Carolina, ed. George Armstrong Wauchope, 1910
- Narratives of Early Carolina, 1650-1708, ed. J. Franklin Jameson, 1911
- History of South Carolina vols. 1-3, ed. by Yates Snowden, in collaboration with H. G. Cutler and an editorial advisory board, including special contributors, 1920
- South Carolina Reader, Mary C. Simms Oliphant, 1927
- Plantations of the Carolina Low Country, Samuel Gaillard Stoney, 1939
- South Carolina: A Guide to the Palmetto State, compiled by the Writers' Program of the Works Progress Administration, 1941
- Journal of the Senate of South Carolina: January 8, 1782-Feburary 26, 1782, ed. A.S. Salley, 1941
- Ante-Bellum South Carolina: A Social and Cultural History, Rosser H. Taylor, 1942
- Great South Carolinians of a Later Date, Helen Kohn Hennig, 1949
- A History of the South: the Complete Story from Jamestown Settlement to the Present, Francis Butler Simkins, 1953
- A Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina 1820-1957, Albert Sidney Thomas, 1957
- The South Carolinian and His Government, Peter Woodrow Hendricks, 1966
- Research Materials in South Carolina: A Guide, John Hammond Moore, 1967
- Red Carolinians, Chapman J. Milling, 1969
- The History of Newberry County, South Carolina, v. 1: 1749-1860, Thomas H. Pope, 1973
- Bluffton Boy, Andrew Peeples, 1979
- South Carolina: a history, by Walter Edgar, c1998
- The South Carolina encyclopedia, edited by Walter Edgar, 2006
- Carolina Clay: The Life and Legend of the Slave Potter Dave, by Leonard Todd, 2008
- Parker's Guide to the Revolutionary War in South Carolina, by John C. Parker, Jr., 2009
- Palmetto portraits project : a collaboration among the Medical University of South Carolina, Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art at the College of Charleston, and South Carolina State Museum, editor Mark Sloan, 2010
- The Golden Seed: Writings on the history and culture of Carolina Gold Rice, editor David S. Shields, 2010
Search Library Catalog, Subject Heading "South Carolina”. The subject heading list will include additional subject headings.
- Report on the survey of South Carolina, by Oscar M. Lieber (Mineralogical, Geological and Agricultural Surveyor of the State of South Carolina); Geognostic Map of Greenville District and Pickens District, SC, 1858?
Search Library Catalog, Subject Heading “South Carolina -- Maps” .
- Biographies of former Greenville County Physicians, 1900
South Carolina Sheet Music, a collection of sheet music from South Carolina in Special Collections and Archives, accessible digitally through the Digital Collections Center.