Stained glass window

Home > Manuscript Collection > Greenville > Collection of materials from the “Pelham Mills office”

Collection of materials from the “Pelham Mills office”
Red text is clickable and links to appropriate webpages

Title: Collection of materials from the “Pelham Mills office”
Creator: Pelham Mills factory, Furman A. Ross
Organizational History
Provenance: Steve Richardson, Furman University, and Rick Owens, Greenville County Historic Preservation Commission, donated the materials in August 2004. The materials had been found in the attic of the building known as the Pelham Mills office prior to its being moved across the street due to road expansion.
Extent: 0.43 linear ft (1 box)
Date Range: 1927-1946
Languages: English
Restrictions: None
Separated Material: Postal Route Map, 1923 was moved to the Map Case
Abstract:The collection of materials from the “Pelham Mills office” contains bills, contracts, cotton tags, and several blank documents from the Pelham Mills factory before it closed in 1935, as well as documents from the buildings use as a post office, and banking documents from Furman A. Ross, the owner of the building after 1943. The bulk of the materials are from the mid-1940s.
Collection Inventory
Location: Manuscript Collection
Accession #: 2004-040