Special Collections and Archives houses over one hundred volumes of scrapbooks, divided into the following categories.
Click on a scrapbook title to open an inventory of the collection:
- Charles H. Judson Scrapbook: Contains newspaper articles about Charles H. Judson. Most of the articles are about his time as a Furman professor and his contributions to the university. There are also photographs at the beginning of C. H. Judson and his parents. A few pages in the back of the scrapbook are dedicated to articles on Mary C. Judson.
- Feminist Initiative
- Furman Basketball (1952-1953)
- Furman Football (1920-1950): Book one contains newspaper clippings and photocopies from 1930-1932 and 1934. Book two contains Furman football newspaper clippings, as well as clipping related to other South Carolina teams--Clemson, Wofford, USC and Newberry--from 1920-1950.
- Furman’s Senior Order (1962-1969)
- Greek Life (1877, 1968-1994):
- Chi Psi Fraternity, 1877: Alpha Upsilon chapter of Chi Psi Preamble and Resolutions; Correspondences dealing with the Fraternity
- Mu Phi Epsilon, 1968-1994: programs, photos, other materials from Mu Phi Epsilon events, including the Viennese Ball; also contains pages on each member of the sorority.
- Baptist Student Union Scrapbook Collection (1922-1962)
- James and Nellie Hoyt Family Scrapbook (1861-1922)
- Mary Earle Plyler Scrapbook (1889): Contains newspaper clippings, some relating to Furman and Greenville Woman's College; as well as some articles on the deaths of Thomas and Eliza Earle, and on John R. Plyler. This scrapbook is mainly comprised of poems taken from the Presbyterian Home Mission, 1889.
- Six Mile Baptist Academy (1910-1955): All graduating classes of Six Mile Academy and Six Mile High School; Brief history of Pickens County; List of students, 1919; Pictures of school buildings and dormitories; Tornado destroys Six Mile, 1929; Six Mile Reunion, 1982; First school bus in the area, 1932.
- W. M. Whiteside Scrapbook (1910-1957): Contains many articles from newspapers and The Baptist Courier written by or about Reverend W. M. Whiteside. Whiteside was Superintendent, among other duties, of the South Carolina Baptist Hospital, and many of the articles pertain to the hospital. There are also several photos and postcards throughout of Mill owners and the Mills themselves throughout South Carolina.
- Georgia-Pacific Corporation Paper Production Facilities Tour Scrapbook (1957): Contains photos and commentary of the Georgia-Pacific Corporation Board of Directors Meeting held July 28-31, 1957. The board members toured the Georgia-Pacific paper production facilities in Oregon. Compiled by Charles E. Daniel.