Cirrus, a; Cumulus, b; Stratus and Nimbus, c.
Click image to enlarge
Click image to enlarge
These sources are listed in the online catalog.
- First Lessons in Learning French, Gustave Chouquet, 1854
- Freeman's Historical Course For Schools: History of England, Margaret MacArthur, 1874
Please note that these sources are not listed in the online catalog.
- The History of Missions: the Propagation of Christianity Among the Heathen, Since the Reformation, by William Brown, First American Edition, Volume 2, B. Coles, V. D. M, 1816
- An Introduction to the Critical Study and Knowledge of the Holy Scriptures, by Thomas Hartwell Horne, Vol. II, III, IV, 4th edition, E. Littell (publisher), 1825
- The Christian Hearer: Designed to Shew the Importance of Hearing the Word and to Assist Christians in Hearing with Profit, by Red. Edw. Bickersteth, 1st American edition, E. and G. Merriam, 1829
- Two small, unidentified, non-English Bibles [possibly in Gaelic], 1830
- The Ancient History of the Egyptians, Carthaginians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Medes and Persians, Grecians and Macedonians; including a history of the Arts and Sciences of the Ancients, by Charles Rollin, 1st complete American edition, two volumes, Harper & Brothers, 1843
- Permanent Sabbath Documents of the American and Foreign Sabbath Union, Perkins & Whipple, 1851
- The Germania and Agricola and also Selections from the Annals of Tacitus, by Charles Anthon, 1854
- History of Greece by George Grote, Vol. V, Harper and Brothers publishers, 1854
- The Heavenly Recognition, Rev. H. Harbaugh, 1854, inscribed “Thomas W. Easterling, May 28, 1810, John R. Plyler”
- The Pleasures of Piety and Other Poems, by Richard Furman, S.G. Courtenay & Co. Publishers, 1859
- A Plea for the Queen’s English, Henry Alford, Alexander Strahan, Publisher, 1866
- Well’s Natural Philosophy; for the Use of Schools, Academies, and Private Students, David A. Wells, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, & Company, 1871
- A Manual of Composition and Rhetoric: A Test-Book for Schools and Colleges, by John S. Hart, Eldredge & Brother, 1872
- Manual of Ancient Geography and History, by Wilhelm Putz, 3rd American edition, D. Appleton & Company, 1877
- First Greek Book; Comprising an Outline of the Forms and Inflections of the Language, a Complete Analytical Syntax and an Introductory Greek Reader with Notes and Vocabularies by Albert Harkness, D. Appleton & Company, 1879
- Roman Literature by A.S. Wilkins, Macmillan & Co, 1890
- Masterpieces of American Literature with Biographical Sketches and Portraits, MacMillan Company, 1891
- A History of England from the Earliest Times to the Revolution in 1688, David Hume, Harper and Brothers, 1892
- Analytic Geometry for Colleges, Universities, and Technical Schools by E.W. Nichols, 1892
- Virgil’s Aeneid, literally translated, Hinds, Noble and Eldredge, 1893
- An English Grammar for the use of High School, Academy, and College Classes, by W.M. Baskervill and J.W. Sewell, American Book Company, 1895
- First Year in French, by L.C. Syms, American Book Company, 1895
- Furman University Laboratory Courses in Chemistry, including the junior course in general laboratory practice and the senior course in analytical chemistry, by W.F. Watson, Shannon & Co, 1895
- Selections from Viri Romae with Notes, Exercises, and Vocabulary, by John C. Rolfe, Allyn & Bacon, 1895
- The Homiletical Exercise Book, by Edwin C. Dargan, Baptist Book Concern, 1896, inscribed by J.P. Isenhower
- Supplemental Bible Studies, by Rev. Henry T. Sell, 1896, inscribed "John L. Plyler, Freshman Class, Furman University"
- Tacitus: The Annals, Books I-VI, edited with introduction by William Francis Allen, Gin & Co Publishers, 1896
- The Wizard, by H. Rider Haggard, P.F. Collier & Son, 1896
- Syllabus of Thirteen Lessons on Inter-biblical History, by A. T. Robertson, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1897
- The Principles and Practice of Teaching and Class Management, by Joseph Landon, Alfred M. Holden, 1899
- The Complete Poetical Works of Alfred Tennyson, by Alfred Tennyson, undated, inscribed "John L. Plyler Sr. English"